Thursday, January 28, 2010

Men vs. Women

I found this article on the American Psychological Association’s website. It comments on  the issue of gender differences, or lack there of.  I thought this might be interesting to some. I found it to be of interest because it breaks many of the myths that have been believed to be associated with women and men. I know that I believed many of these traits to be true. They seemed to be natural traits of most men and women, but this article shows a different side to many of these traits, saying that most are not true and that a person’s characteristics are formed through culture and have almost nothing to do with gender. I find this a little hard to believe because it seems as though most men and women do carry some gender based traits. But perhaps those traits are merely just a product of the culture we have created. Perhaps in other cultures, traits between men and women are extremely different then what is typical here.


Hopefully this link works.


Emily Yolleck

No comments: