Monday, February 15, 2010

anti-semitism

Anti- Antisemitism has always been an ongoing issue. Some people don't even realize when they are being anti-Semitic. This article talks about how these people that are against Isreal and make all of these prejudice comments isn't being anti-Semitic. It is disturbing to see how ignorant people can be and how they can say these things without a care. Being Jewish myself, I have experienced antisemitism. I used to attend a school in Pennsylvania where there were very few Jews. I have never experienced anything like this, and didn't think this could happen only and hour and a half away from home. People made inappropriate jokes and comments to me about my religion as if it were no big deal. Though it was hurtful and made me uncomfortable, I learned to just ignore it.

No comments: