Monday, April 1, 2013

Urban Living & Emotional Disorders


I stumbled upon this article while researching urban living, and how to compact more people in less amount of space, thus creating a "super city." This article explains and further proves my own belief that living in a large, compact, busy city can't be good for the average person. From personal experience, growing up in a quiet secluded suburb of New Jersey, my personality has almost completely changed since moving to the city. I am more anxious, impatient and can't stand to be around large crowds of people. It is somewhat overwhelming and depending on the type of person, it can effect people significantly or not at all. In my opinion, it takes a special type of person to enjoy the bustling, non stop motion of city life.




http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=urban-living-raises-risk-of-emotional-disorders

No comments: