Monday, March 30, 2009

The Serial Position Curve (Online Experiment) is another project that shows how well we can remember. Due to this experiment our memory is limited to a certain amount of numbers, of items in a list. The most accurate number we would remember in our memory are the first and lasted items. The purpose of this experiment was to see how well my memory is and to do that I had today each number out loud as they appear an than click on the number you think you saw them and than after they are going to give you a graph result. So try it to see how well is your memory

1 comment:

Mark Nonato said...

Hey Isba, nice find. This was a cool little experiment that I tried to test my memory of numbers. Personally I think I have a pretty good memorization of numbers so I tried the experiment, and my results were not as theorized. I was able to remember the first number off-course, but the last number seemed to be my worst score. The numbers I remembered the most were the first number, the fourth number( I tend to memorize numbers in fours, so after four, it is like I begin my memorization again) and the middle numbers were pretty precise in the resulted score. But I really think it depends on a persons method of memorizing, because in my situation, I remember numbers by fours just like the numbers on the credit card and maybe phone numbers in which they are separated in three's. But there is definitely a reason for why many companies and associations, and or organizations let you memorize important numbers in a certain amount of numbers in a group of 3 or 4 because it is easier for our memory motors and the brain can only remember so many numbers in a category.