Monday, February 21, 2011

Myers-Briggs Indicator Results in Wake Up Call

Throughout her entire life, Claudia has felt miserable and stuck. Since she knew something wasn't right, she decided to take the Myers-Briggs Indicator test. She received results that she had never imagined. Her driven family put pressure on her creating the standard that everyone in the family must earn a PhD. Her results showed that she was the exact opposite of her extroverted brother. Claudia received ISFP or introverted, sensing, feeling, perceiving. Delving deeper into herself interests, she soon discovered that she was even more different than originally believed. Claudia was also left handed. She began to become herself and make changes in her life to make herself happy. So far, Claudia has been slowly becoming herself to become happy. Without the results of the Myers-Briggs Indicator, Claudia would still be left confused and unhappy.
I think that it is remarkable how much a simply personality test could effect a person. When I took the personality test in class, I was told that I was organized, extrovert who is open to news things. I have a tendency of dealing with stress well and although I am often agreeable I can be rather stubborn. These results only told me things I already knew. It is interesting how Claudia's results where so unexpected and life changing. I wonder how she used the results of the Myers-Briggs test to identify her obvious differences and discover the fact that she was truly left handed.Perhaps by revealing the way Claudia observed the world, it allowed her to realize things that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

No comments: